James Cuff is the Director of Research Computing & Chief Technology Architect for the Faculty of Arts and Sciences at Harvard University. Prior to working at Harvard, James managed the Applied Production Systems Group at the Broad Institute of Harvard and MIT. Before moving to the US, James created the high performance computing infrastructure for the Ensembl project at the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute. While completing his D. Phil. in protein secondary structure prediction, James worked at the European Bioinformatics Institute in Cambridge. James holds a D. Phil. in Molecular Biophysics from Oxford University and a B.Sc. (Hons) in Chemistry with Industrial Experience from Manchester University.
1) James talked at MIT (Sept 09, 2010)
2) James also talked at the HMS BioMed HPC conference (Oct 18, 2010):
3) James did a short stint in 2008 as an O'Reilly blogger, he was also rather wickedpsyched...
4) IEEE talk on the 6th of December: http://ewh.ieee.org/r1/boston/computer/cufftalk1.html
5) James Cuff is currently involved in creating a super awesome HPC center in Holyoke
6) Research Computing just finished building their new high tech digs.
7) Some very approximate google scholar links for some of James Cuff's scientific papers are here.